First of all, I would like to thank you again for your past support to our various J-Link events such as mentorship programme, career workshops, career fairs and company visits.
This year, the school is liaising with us for two activities - a life writing language project for F.3 students (Nov - Dec 2014) and a career fair for F.5 students (April 2015). I am writing to seek you support for the F.3 language project.
What is the project about
- a language project for F.3 students to train their speaking, interviewing and writing skills through life writing
- students are divided into 40 groups of 5 to 6. Each group needs to interview one alumni. Through the process, they may learn from their 師兄 / 師姐 about various aspects of study, work and life.
- each group will then write an article basing on the interview
- the school will select a number of articles for a BHJS 55th anniversary
publication in 2017.
How you can help
- we need 40 alumni to be interviewees
- you are welcome no matter if you are working or studying
- if you have interest to connect with some young 師弟/師妹, and share with them your experience, this will be a perfect time
Details of the interview
- you only need to attend one interview, about 1 - 2 hours long
- the interview will be held between 1 Nov - 14 Dec 2014
- the exact date, time and venue will be agreed between you and the students. It can be on a weekday, weekend, outside office hours, at school, at your office, in a cafe etc ..... You just need to work it out with your group of students
- 26 interviews will be conducted in English, 14 in Cantonese
- interview questions can be emailed to you first if you want
If you have the time and interest to help with this project, please let me know :
- your contact number (if convenient),
- email (I should have that),
- occupation / study major
- whether you want an English or Cantonese interview
I would appreciate it if you can reply me by 30 Sept 2014. Thank you so much for your time.